In this podcast, Ross takes an opportunity to shed light on a traditionally dark time by responding to a comment that was posted on his Facebook page. When he posted his podcast titled, Where has Ross Been, a listener remarked that the proposed restart of his Torah lessons was “interesting,” pointing out that “8/13 is also 9 Av.” What did the listener mean by this? Why would “9 Av” be different than any other day? After all, Ross makes it clear in his podcast that this is the day that according to the annual cycle of Torah readings, the book of Deuteronomy begins, making this date a good stepping on point. Ross replied to the comment by saying that the listener’s observation had not gone unnoticed. So what was it about this brief Facebook exchange that provided material suitable for a new podcast? Well, just listen. In this episode, you will learn about the 9th of Av according to Jewish tradition. You will discover what Judaism teaches in regards to the cause of the destruction of the first and the second Temples. You will also hear of an interesting reading contained within a Hebrew Gospel of Matthew, and finally Ross shares a simple and yet profound solution to many of our problems.
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – From Avram to Avraham – Class Four
- What Price Freedom?
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – Noah – Class Three
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – James Tabor on Bereshit – Class Two
- The Secret of Cheshvan – Embracing the Quietness of the Eighth Month
- My Sukkah Story – A Life Lesson
- The 7th Month, Tishrei and its Festivals – Part Four Shemnei Atzeret and Simchat Torah…Looking Back, Looking Forward.
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – Introduction – Class One
- The Festivals of the Seventh Month of Tishrei Part Three Sukkot, the Season of our Joy!!!
- New Series – The Pentateuch: A New Look at the Five Books