In this week’s class, Ross shares a message appropriate for the season. The ninth month of the Jewish calendar is generally noted for the holiday of Hanukkah, but in this message, Ross points back 350 years beyond the time of the Maccabees to a specific date mentioned in the prophet Haggai. Is there an ancient precedent for an Israelite victory during the month known as Kislev? Following the ancient triennial cycle of Torah readings, Ross also shows an early reference associating this particular portion of Genesis with the Jewish festival of Hanukkah. Also see Dr. James Tabor’s article on this subject here.Genesis #41
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – From Avram to Avraham – Class Four
- What Price Freedom?
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – Noah – Class Three
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – James Tabor on Bereshit – Class Two
- The Secret of Cheshvan – Embracing the Quietness of the Eighth Month
- My Sukkah Story – A Life Lesson
- The 7th Month, Tishrei and its Festivals – Part Four Shemnei Atzeret and Simchat Torah…Looking Back, Looking Forward.
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – Introduction – Class One
- The Festivals of the Seventh Month of Tishrei Part Three Sukkot, the Season of our Joy!!!
- New Series – The Pentateuch: A New Look at the Five Books