This is the second class in the ongoing series based upon James Tabor’s book, Restoring Abrahamic Faith. The book represents an overview of the principle teaching contained within the Hebrew Bible. In the series, like the book, three foundational concepts are explored. In this class, Ross begins to explore the first foundational concept, namely, Knowing God. In this lesson, you will learn the name whereby the patriarchs knew God. You will learn about the eternal name of God given to Moses in the 3rd chapter of Exodus. You will learn how it is presented in the Hebrew Bible, what it means, and why there exists a ban on pronouncing the name in Judaism. You will also see how NOT knowing the name has caused great confusion, particularly among the nations of the world. Watch this video, or listen to the audio version of the class. Knowing God involves knowing His name. It is a tremendous revelation, which once understood can begin to transform one’s sense of who God is. In the class, Ross mentions an article that he wrote some time back on “Swearing by the Name of YHVH.” Be sure to check that out as well.
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – From Avram to Avraham – Class Four
- What Price Freedom?
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – Noah – Class Three
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – James Tabor on Bereshit – Class Two
- The Secret of Cheshvan – Embracing the Quietness of the Eighth Month
- My Sukkah Story – A Life Lesson
- The 7th Month, Tishrei and its Festivals – Part Four Shemnei Atzeret and Simchat Torah…Looking Back, Looking Forward.
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – Introduction – Class One
- The Festivals of the Seventh Month of Tishrei Part Three Sukkot, the Season of our Joy!!!
- New Series – The Pentateuch: A New Look at the Five Books