This week’s teaching is based on Torah Reading Va-Yechi (Genesis 47:28-50:26). In this class, Ross points out that the theme connecting the Torah and Prophets reading is death. Jacob and Joseph die by the end of our story, and the prophet reading tells of the death of King David. Rather than focusing however on death, the name of the Torah portion, VaYechi, means “and he lived.” This teaching, therefore, by weaving the historical narrative and later Torah commands illustrates providence and the preservation of life for the faithful today.
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – The Miracle at the Sea – Class Seventeen
- What Is Man That You Are Mindful Of Him?
- Shevat Part Two – Tu B’Shevat – New Year for Trees
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – The Final Plague – Class Sixteen
- The Eleventh Month – Shevat, Part One of Two – L’dor v’dor…from Generation to Generation
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – The Confrontation – Class Fifteen
- Meet Me In Morocco
- Ani Joseph…I am Joseph, Joseph Wept, Part Two
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – Birth of a Deliverer – Class Fourteen
- Ani Yosef…I am Joseph Joseph Wept – Part One