This week’s teaching is based on Torah Reading Va-Yechi (Genesis 47:28-50:26). In this class, Ross points out that the theme connecting the Torah and Prophets reading is death. Jacob and Joseph die by the end of our story, and the prophet reading tells of the death of King David. Rather than focusing however on death, the name of the Torah portion, VaYechi, means “and he lived.” This teaching, therefore, by weaving the historical narrative and later Torah commands illustrates providence and the preservation of life for the faithful today.
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – Introduction – Class One
- The Festivals of the Seventh Month of Tishrei Part Three Sukkot, the Season of our Joy!!!
- New Series – The Pentateuch: A New Look at the Five Books
- Honest to Moses – Making A Name – Class Sixteen
- The Seventh Month, Tishrei and its Festivals Part Two
- Honest to Moses – God’s First Name – Class Fifteen
- Why Fast for Gedaliah?
- The Seventh Month, Tishrei and its Festivals Part One
- Honest to Moses – Theophory – His Name in Their Name – Class Fourteen
- Elul אֱלוּל – The Month of Teshuvah and Return Part Two