Can we know the identity of the Servant in Isaiah? Within the section of Isaiah known to scholars as Deutero-Isaiah or “second Isaiah” there are 20 references to the servant in ten chapters. In some of these passages, the servant is clearly identified as Israel while in others the identification is not so certain. In this class we begin to survey the texts searching the clues for answers. Is the “suffering servant” the Jewish people, the Messiah, Israel / Jacob, the historical Jesus of Nazareth, Isaiah, Jeremiah, or another?
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – Introduction – Class One
- The Festivals of the Seventh Month of Tishrei Part Three Sukkot, the Season of our Joy!!!
- New Series – The Pentateuch: A New Look at the Five Books
- Honest to Moses – Making A Name – Class Sixteen
- The Seventh Month, Tishrei and its Festivals Part Two
- Honest to Moses – God’s First Name – Class Fifteen
- Why Fast for Gedaliah?
- The Seventh Month, Tishrei and its Festivals Part One
- Honest to Moses – Theophory – His Name in Their Name – Class Fourteen
- Elul אֱלוּל – The Month of Teshuvah and Return Part Two