In 1892, a German scholar named Bernhard Duhm published a book titled, Das Buch Jesaiah (Gottingen: Vandenhoek & Ruprecht, 1892). Duhm is credited with being the first to identify four “songs,” or “poems” within Deutero-Isaiah (chapters 40-66) which he called Servant Songs. These four Isaiah texts (42:1-4; 49:1-6; 50:4-7; 52:13-53:12) provide us with the basis for our ongoing study of the Servant in Isaiah. This class, the second in our series, covers the second Servant Song (Isaiah 49:1-6), but as you will see, the texts comprising these songs do not even begin to cover all that Isaiah says about the servant.
- Honest to Moses – The Midianite Mystery – Class Five
- Rosh Chodesh –The New Moon – What Does it Mean to Me?
- Honest to Moses – The Levitical Link – Class Four
- Honest to Moses – The Family of Moses – Class Three
- Honest to Moses – What’s In a Name? – Class Two
- Honest to Moses – Class One
- PROPHET – The Servant VII – Class Twenty
- PROPHET – The Servant VI – Class Nineteen
- PROPHET – The Servant V – Class Eighteen
- PROPHET – The Servant IV – Class Seventeen