When it comes to biblical eschatology, we are presented with views of a golden age to come. People of The Book, both Jews, and Christians, generally claim that a single redemptive figure will usher humanity into this coming age. This figure is known as the “messiah.” But does this view line up with what the bible says? Have students of Scripture oversimplified what the prophets said? Have we, in attempts to eliminate ambiguity, glossed over the true meaning of the words of the prophets? Is the “Son of Man” in Daniel about a figure known as the messiah? Does Micah’s reference to Bethlehem Ephratah predict the birthplace of the messiah? These questions and more are discussed in this teaching on Redemptive Figures.
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – Introduction – Class One
- The Festivals of the Seventh Month of Tishrei Part Three Sukkot, the Season of our Joy!!!
- New Series – The Pentateuch: A New Look at the Five Books
- Honest to Moses – Making A Name – Class Sixteen
- The Seventh Month, Tishrei and its Festivals Part Two
- Honest to Moses – God’s First Name – Class Fifteen
- Why Fast for Gedaliah?
- The Seventh Month, Tishrei and its Festivals Part One
- Honest to Moses – Theophory – His Name in Their Name – Class Fourteen
- Elul אֱלוּל – The Month of Teshuvah and Return Part Two