Interpretation is the action of explaining the meaning of a text, but what happens when interpreters are wrong? This class covers some of the most misunderstood prophecies in the Bible. Does Micah chapter 5 describe the birthplace of a coming ruler? Does Hosea chapter 11 foretell of a redemptive figure’s trip out of Egypt? Does Jeremiah 31:14 have to do with the slaughter of children in Bethlehem? Do Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28 describe the original position and subsequent fall of Lucifer? Does Joel 2:32 (3:5 in Hebrew) provide a formula for eternal salvation? Interpretation must begin with the words of the text, and derive meaning from the context of those words.
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – Introduction – Class One
- The Festivals of the Seventh Month of Tishrei Part Three Sukkot, the Season of our Joy!!!
- New Series – The Pentateuch: A New Look at the Five Books
- Honest to Moses – Making A Name – Class Sixteen
- The Seventh Month, Tishrei and its Festivals Part Two
- Honest to Moses – God’s First Name – Class Fifteen
- Why Fast for Gedaliah?
- The Seventh Month, Tishrei and its Festivals Part One
- Honest to Moses – Theophory – His Name in Their Name – Class Fourteen
- Elul אֱלוּל – The Month of Teshuvah and Return Part Two