Interpretation is the action of explaining the meaning of a text, but what happens when interpreters are wrong? This class covers some of the most misunderstood prophecies in the Bible. Does Micah chapter 5 describe the birthplace of a coming ruler? Does Hosea chapter 11 foretell of a redemptive figure’s trip out of Egypt? Does Jeremiah 31:14 have to do with the slaughter of children in Bethlehem? Do Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28 describe the original position and subsequent fall of Lucifer? Does Joel 2:32 (3:5 in Hebrew) provide a formula for eternal salvation? Interpretation must begin with the words of the text, and derive meaning from the context of those words.
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – The Miracle at the Sea – Class Seventeen
- What Is Man That You Are Mindful Of Him?
- Shevat Part Two – Tu B’Shevat – New Year for Trees
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – The Final Plague – Class Sixteen
- The Eleventh Month – Shevat, Part One of Two – L’dor v’dor…from Generation to Generation
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – The Confrontation – Class Fifteen
- Meet Me In Morocco
- Ani Joseph…I am Joseph, Joseph Wept, Part Two
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – Birth of a Deliverer – Class Fourteen
- Ani Yosef…I am Joseph Joseph Wept – Part One