In this week’s class, Ross covers material from the seventeenth chapter of Genesis in his ongoing study of the triennial Torah cycle of readings. He begins with a discussion of three references to Abraham as the “friend” of God, and then moves into the two primary sources for a covenant between God and Abraham (Genesis 15 and 17). Ross focuses on the subject of circumcision, offering answers to its relevance today. Is circumcision physical and external, or is “true” circumcision inward and spiritual? Working through texts from the Torah, the Prophets and even the writings of Paul found in the Christian New Testament, Ross seeks to answer these questions and more.Genesis #12
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – From Avram to Avraham – Class Four
- What Price Freedom?
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – Noah – Class Three
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – James Tabor on Bereshit – Class Two
- The Secret of Cheshvan – Embracing the Quietness of the Eighth Month
- My Sukkah Story – A Life Lesson
- The 7th Month, Tishrei and its Festivals – Part Four Shemnei Atzeret and Simchat Torah…Looking Back, Looking Forward.
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – Introduction – Class One
- The Festivals of the Seventh Month of Tishrei Part Three Sukkot, the Season of our Joy!!!
- New Series – The Pentateuch: A New Look at the Five Books