In this class, Ross takes a look at the end of the Torah as described in the Torah itself. He introduces his audience to what he terms a horizontal reading of the Torah’s stories and shows a distinction between this method and the more popular vertical reading of the texts. He examines several accounts found within the Torah describing either similar events, or the same event and uses these to weave together the full story of the last interchange between Moses and God. In this class, Ross shares the final words of Moses to YHVH, and the final words of YHVH to Moses, and thereby lays the foundation for the two final Torah readings in Deuteronomy. This class then, is the first of a three part series on Final Words-End of Torah.
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – From Avram to Avraham – Class Four
- What Price Freedom?
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – Noah – Class Three
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – James Tabor on Bereshit – Class Two
- The Secret of Cheshvan – Embracing the Quietness of the Eighth Month
- My Sukkah Story – A Life Lesson
- The 7th Month, Tishrei and its Festivals – Part Four Shemnei Atzeret and Simchat Torah…Looking Back, Looking Forward.
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – Introduction – Class One
- The Festivals of the Seventh Month of Tishrei Part Three Sukkot, the Season of our Joy!!!
- New Series – The Pentateuch: A New Look at the Five Books