In this week’s class, Ross begins to focus on the pact / covenant that Elohim made with Noah. It is in the Noah narrative that we first meet with the word (ברית). It occurs 8 times between Genesis 6:18 – 9:17 and then not again until the story of Abram. What can we learn of the meaning behind the Hebrew word from this story? Ross takes a look at each use of the word in the Noah story as he works through the second of a three-part series on Noah. The importance of the age-lasting pact is that this is the only universal covenant / pact.
- The Pentateuch: A New Look – Introduction – Class One
- The Festivals of the Seventh Month of Tishrei Part Three Sukkot, the Season of our Joy!!!
- New Series – The Pentateuch: A New Look at the Five Books
- Honest to Moses – Making A Name – Class Sixteen
- The Seventh Month, Tishrei and its Festivals Part Two
- Honest to Moses – God’s First Name – Class Fifteen
- Why Fast for Gedaliah?
- The Seventh Month, Tishrei and its Festivals Part One
- Honest to Moses – Theophory – His Name in Their Name – Class Fourteen
- Elul אֱלוּל – The Month of Teshuvah and Return Part Two